Dion Waiters suffers ‘gummies’ overdose
This might be one of the most bizarre health emergencies in NBA history.
Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters was overdosed with “gummies” during their flight from Phoenix according to Andy Slater.
UPDATE: Dion Waiters is the Heat player who had medical emergency on team plane, I’ve confirmed.
Waiters overdosed on “gummies,” sources say, and was passed out when plane landed.
He had a seizure when he was finally woken up, I’m told.
Waiters was listed out tonight (illness)
— Andy Slater (@AndySlater) November 9, 2019
The 2012 fourth overall pick passed out the moment the plane landed.
Waiters has yet to suit up for the Heat, the first one being a one-game suspension for conduct detrimental.