Romeo, Ravena, Paras to be invited by SBP for FIBA 3×3 World Cup
Upon the announcement that the Philippines will be the host for this year’s FIBA 3×3 World Cup that will be held on June 8-12 at the Philippine Arena, basketball aficionados asked who are the players that will play for the country.
So far, the SBP got positive feedback from PBA players that would love to compete in the tournament and that included Terrence Romeo of GlobalPort Batang Pier.
“Si Terrence nga, injured at di naglalaro. Noong nakita ko sa MOA noong Biyernes, inakap ako at sabi sa
akin, Sir, wag mo akong kalimutan sa 3×3. “Sabi ko,Injured ka eh. Hindi, sir. Magaling na ako by that time” said Sonny Barrios of SBP.
But more so, PBA professionals who has experience in competing on international 3-on- 3 basketball tournaments will be prioritized.
“Actually, yang mga naglaro na dati, sina Rey Guevarra, KG (Canaleta), Calvin (Abueva), Troy (Rosario), even si Russel Escoto, (Glenn) Khobuntin, (Karl) Dehesa, Kiefer (Ravena), Jeron (Teng),” he said.
Getting commitment from the PBA players will not be a problem according to Barrios.
“Pag tinanong mo sila, walang magsasabing Ayoko na dyan, sir. In the past we had the likes of Kiefer Ravena, Terrence Romeo, Calvin Abueva, even I think Escoto and Kobe Paras, diba? They are the ones who used to—who already competed on 3-on- 3.”